FROM FRIDAY 19TH JANUARY – 9TH FEBRUARY 2024 – WOKING
Are you brand new to salsa and looking to get into the Latin groove? Or have you been dancing for a while and want to improve your technique?
Whatever your ability, this four week progressive course will help you to take your dancing to the next level.
With a focus on fundamental dance techniques and body movement, Rosie’s detailed approach will give dancers a solid basis to further both their solo and partnerwork salsa.
Each class will cover basic dance techniques, repetitive drills, and exercises you can take home to practice. Classes will build on techniques learnt the previous week, and will include a short choreography to combine all the elements.
Week 1 / FRI 19TH JAN – Basic technique, body movement and shines
– Correct salsa body positioning and posture
– Basic step technique, weight distribution and body movement
– Standard shines
Week 2 / FRI 26TH JAN – Arm styling
– Correct arm positioning to keep frame
– Hand styling
– Building short choreography with focus on arm styling
Week 3 / FRI 2ND FEB – Turn patterns
– Drilling steps for inside turn, outside turn and side basic turns
– Correct turn technique including spotting and maintaining frame
– Build short choreography including turn patterns
Week 4 / FRI 9TH FEB – Spin technique
– Spin drills starting from quarter turn building up to full spins left and right
– Balance exercises
– How to do preparation / different types of spin preparation
– Correct technique for spotting
– Short choreography to include spins.
Timetable: Registration, 7.00pm – 7.10pm / Styling course 7.15pm – 8.00pm.
4 weeks course price: £45 in advance / £50 on the door.
Guest instructor: ROSIE
Location: Old Woking Community Centre
65 Sundridge Road